Becoming a Member of Faith Bible Church
If you’ve landed on this page, it’s most likely because you have an interest in becoming a member of Faith Bible Church, and we’re thoroughly excited about that!! There are three requirements to be a member of Faith Bible Church.
- Having a relationship with Jesus by receiving Him as Forgiver and Leader.
- Having been baptized as a believer by immersion by a Bible-believing church.
- Having completed this membership class and signed the Membership Covenant.
What is the Membership Covenant?
The Membership Covenant clarifies the responsibilities of membership at Faith Bible Church. Membership is less about rights and privileges and more about our shared responsibility to fulfill the Great Commission and Great Commandment together. It reads as follows…
Having received Christ as my Lord and Savior and been baptized, and being in agreement with Faith Bible Church statements, strategy and structure, I now feel led by the Holy Spirit to unite with the Faith Bible Church family. In doing so, I commit myself to God and to the other members to do the following:
1. I will protect the unity of my church.
By acting in love toward other members
By refusing to gossip
By following the leaders
Romans 15:19; Romans 15:5; 1 Peter 1:22; Hebrews 13:17
2. I will share the responsibility of my church.
By praying for its growth
By inviting the unchurched to attend
By warmly welcoming those who visit
1 Thessalonians 1:2; Luke 14:23; Romans 15:7
3. I will serve the ministry of my church.
By discovering my gifts and talents
By being equipped to serve by my pastors
By developing a servant’s heart
1 Peter 4:10; Ephesians 4:11-12; Philippians 2:3-4, 7
4. I will support the testimony of my church.
By attending faithfully
By living a godly life
By giving regularly
Hebrews 10:25; Philippians 1:27; 1 Corinthians 16:2; Leviticus 27:30